What Is Project Based Learning?
A structure that transforms teaching from "teachers telling" to "students doing." More specifically, project-based learning can be defined as:
- Engaging learning experiences that involve students in complex, real world projects through which they develop and apply skills and knowledge.
- A strategy that recognizes that significant learning taps students' inherent drive to learn, capability to do work, and need to be taken seriously.
- Learning in which curricular outcomes can be identified up-front, but in which the outcomes of the student's learning process are neither predetermined nor fully predictable.
- Learning that requires students to draw from many information sources and disciplines in order to solve problems.
- Experiences through which students learn to manage and allocate resources such as time and materials.